Ever since I met David every year has gotten better and better. I thought 2009 would be tough to top, but 2010 managed to be even better.
Highlights of 2010:
1. I had my work displayed in my first museum exhibition!
combs, tulle necklaces, overloaded charm necklaces, embroidered ball necklaces, wooden geodes, rainbow geodes and opera collars.
3. We got quite a bit of traveling in with trips to:
sunny and quiet Turks and Caicos
snowy skiing in Mammoth,
two trips to NYC,
ate lobster rolls and fell in love with Cape Cod,
raged through the heath in London,
ate green chilies and visited Georgia O'Keefe's home in Santa Fe and spent Christmas in San Diego!
4. We saw some great live shows, including Jeff Tweedy, The Great Lake Swimmers,
The National, The Decemberists,
My Morning Jacket,
Modest Mouse, The Tallest Man on Earth (at Pitchfork) and Band of Horses.
5. I got to see two different William Kentridge shows and several other great museum exhibitions, including the Whitney Biennial.
Marc Jacobs and Karl Lagerfeld. Oh Papa Bear.
8. I photographed a few incredible light shows put on by mother nature
and enjoyed tons of beautiful summer days and nights in Union Pier, Michigan.
guitar lessons with my love.
10. I celebrated my 20 year running anniversary!
11. Started a new art project.
12. Saw President Obama speak at the Drake Hotel!!!
13. Celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary in the ER.
14. Watched Lake Michigan change with the seasons.
15. The most incredible gift of 2010 was finding out we were expecting. We found out back in July. I didn't blog about it for three months until I made it out of my first trimester and it was hard to keep it a secret. I found out the weekend of Pitchfork. That Sunday morning I was alone and took a pregnancy test and when it turned up positive, I cried and cried tears of pure joy and happiness and could not wait to tell David. It is the beginning of a whole new phase in my life that I am so excited to embark on. Back in March David and I were walking around in Soho in NYC and just spontaneously decided to go visit a psychic. I had never been to one before. She told me that I was married to my soulmate and that 2011 would be a great year and we would have a baby. It's been a dream to take care of our child through this pregnancy, watch her grow in my belly, feel her little kicks, and to love someone I've never met.
I have never felt more excited for the future.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!