Wednesdays are my favorite weekdays because it's the one day of the week that I get to work from home and create and be a business woman/creator rather than an art therapist. I'm not saying I don't like being an art therapist at all, but it's nice to take it slow in the morning, be alone, and to shift the routine up a bit. I've been thinking about what I'm thankful for today...here's the short list:
1. my hubban' ( that's what I call him)
(a photo from our honeymoon in Italy)
2. my kookey family that I love so much. Oh and little Woody Guthrie
3. not having a headache
4. hot water (no hot water yesterday morning...cold showers before work make me NOT too happy)
5. the pretty flowers my hubban bought
6. the fact that my pretty hubban buys flowers on a regular basis, and that he buys them for the sake of beauty and making our home more of a home, and not for some old school reasons, like that a man should bring flowers home for his wife. Before we lived together he would have fresh flowers in his apartment. Always liked that about him.
7. run on sentences. They can be liberating
8. Bob Dylan. I'm always thankful for his words. They make me feel like I'm really FEELING hard.
(even when he's being silly)
9. running. It's had a powerful role in my life.
10. Hope. I'm thankful for hope and I will attempt to say this in an apolotical way, but I'm thankful that the president who is in charge of our country at the moment has reintroduced that concept to America. It makes me teary eyed with hope just thinking about it.
Dylan photo: from the documentary Don't Look Back
Obama photo: I don't know who to credit it to because it came from my husband's iphone...thank you to the person who took that photo